Kim has worked for over 25 years as a Speech-Language Pathologist in a variety of settings with all ages from birth through geriatric. Though Kim enjoys and has experience working with all age groups, much of her career has been spent working with children and adolescents. Kim has extensive skills and training in dealing with pediatric and adolescent populations and issues including, communication and speech impairments, ADHD and learning disabilities, autism and sensory processing disorders, and related issues such as, anxiety, decreased self-esteem, eating and sleep disorders. Through her work as both an SLP and a CH, it has been exciting and rewarding to facilitate significant and life-enhancing changes for all ages, but her special interest area is facilitating change within children and adolescents.
Kim strongly believes in the mind-body-spirit connection for achieving balance and wellness and has always used this personally, with her family and to augment her work as an SLP. Her first experience with hypnosis was using it during labor and delivery for each of her four children. She later used it to improve her life by releasing emotional pain, overcoming a self-limiting phobia, and for pain management. In wanting to expand her knowledge and skills and explore new methods of helping others, Kim became trained in hypnosis and reiki. She is very excited to have expanded her work and is thrilled to have the opportunity to guide others to self healing and positive life changes through both hypnosis and reiki.
Education and Training:
- Certified BWRT or Brain Working Recursive Technique
- Certified Consulting Hypnotist
- Certified in Regression and Past Life Regression with the National Guild of Hypnotists
- Certified Reiki Level II Practitioner
- Master’s Degree in Speech Language Pathology from Nazareth College of Rochester.
- Member of the National Guild of Hypnotists
- Over 20 years of experience working with Children With Special Needs
- Trustworthy and Confidential Services
- Client centered approach to achieving goals